JCW Resourcing UK
JCW seeks a Legal Manager (m/f) to join a commercial law team in Geneva.The position will support the engineering and Procurement teams in drafting and negotiating contracts and obtaining management approval on all projects.The position will be responsible for advising project managers on legal aspects and risks associated with documentation and related business decisions.
- Draft, review and interpret a wide variety of commercial contracts (e.g., construction, equipment procurement, consulting, IT, etc.) and related correspondence.
- Support the negotiation of commercial contracts and advise on the degree of legal risk associated with them.
- Oversee contract approval and documentation management processes.
- Provide advice on potential and materialized disputes and gather relevant facts for progressing them.
- Prepared to travel worldwide from time to time
- University degree in law or equivalent nationally approved qualification.
- Admitted to the Bar (past or present) with over 5 years of experience post-qualification in a law firm and/or a multinational company.
- knowledge of contract and commercial law, including a working knowledge of FIDIC suite of contracts is essential.
- Knowledge of English law – including UK qualification – is an advantage.
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills.
- Prior work experience in terminal sector is an advantage.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English (other main European languages are an advantage).
We aim to be an equal opportunity recruiter and we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.