JCW Resourcing UK
I am currently looking an Investment Risk Manager (Controlled Function) to join an international asset manager. You will be responsible for overseeing the risk profiles, as well as supporting the global risk management team in any fund and investment risk monitoring activities.
You will be required to provide ongoing support of the company’s investment and liquidity risk management framework, covering equity, fixed income, high yield, money market and alternative assets, supporting fund of fund and separately managed mandates, that can use derivative overlay strategies.
You will also perform risk monitoring and oversight and will provide ongoing support to senior management in their understanding of Investment Risk related matters.
- Implementation of an effective investment and liquidity risk management framework
- Acting as Designated Person for Fund Risk and fulfilling the responsibilities set out in the business plan and programme of activity
- Monitoring and reporting on Investment Risk within funds/mandates/advisory portfolios including derivative exposures, global exposure and VaR reports, counterparty risk, concentration risk, liquidity risk stress testing etc.
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of investment risk policies, procedures and processes
- Act as an investment risk subject matter expert, to field enquiries and requests for reviews and analysis from senior management
- Ensuring the accuracy, timeliness and quality control for relevant Investment Risk related regulatory reporting and filings
- 7-10 years of experience with at least 5 years’ experience in asset management / investment environment
- Demonstrated understanding of market risk, equity risk factors, credit risk, liquidity risk, asset modelling and analytics, derivatives and a detailed understanding of the European regulatory expectations and requirements for risk management.
- The candidate will be expected to assist with the development and implementation of ESG and climate risk framework.
We aim to be an equal opportunity recruiter and we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.