JCW Resourcing UK
Role: Legal Officer
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Employment Type: Permanent, 100%
Currently recruiting on behalf of a fast-growing, dynamic asset manager who is looking for a legal and compliance professional to join their Lausanne office.
This opportunity will give you the chance to work alongside senior management, interact with the wider business and take on a broad range of responsibilities. You will be rewarded with an attractive and performance-oriented compensation package.
Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- First person of contact for corporate counsel tasks (CO, GDPR, Real Estate, Trademark)
- Supporting the legal and compliance function
- Reviewing and drafting legal documents such as contracts, policies, and agreements
- Monitoring and analysing of relevant regulatory developments and setting up implementation concepts
- Responsible for the Internal Control System and eventually support the risk management function
- Participation in various projects (new products, new cross border markets, requests from BoD)
- Preparation and follow up of internal and external audits
- Master’s degree in Law ideally from a Swiss University
- Additional compliance related qualifications would be an asset (CAS, Fund Academy, etc.)
- Experience in an asset management compliance or legal role, e.g., as in-house-counsel, compliance professional or as senior consultant in law or Big 4 company
- Excellent knowledge of Swiss (CISA, FISA, FINIA) and European (AIFMD, MiFID II) fund regulations
- Literacy in Swiss and European AML standards enabling to prepare MLRO approval
- Experience in other, finance related regulations like FATCA, AEoI, cross border, GDPR
- FINMA and/or CSSF authorisations as Conducting Officer/RR/RC a strong asset
- Fluency in German, French and English
If you are interested in this position and your experience meets the requirements, please apply via the button below. If you do not receive a response on your application in 3-5 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
If you are not interested but would like to get in touch about other potential opportunities, please feel free to send your CV directly to email@example.com
If you are not interested but know someone who might be then JCW offer a generous referral scheme reward, whereby anyone who refers us to a successfully placed candidate is entitled to receive vouchers.