JCW Resourcing UK
I am currently looking for a Senior Compliance Officer in Berlin, Germany. Within one of the leading European fintech’s, you will be directly reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer in France.
- Provide reasonable assurance that adequate policies, procedures, and efficient compliance internal control measures are in place consistent with the Compliance requirements, characteristics, compliance risks, and in line with applicable laws and regulations.
- Establish standards and implement procedures to ensure that the compliance frameworks throughout the branch are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting, and correcting noncompliance.
- Oversee compliance within the business and ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Manage the business’s relationship with local regulator.
- Adapt the group’s compliance policies, procedures, and control plans to the German branch specificities & local regulatory requirements.
- Define the annual compliance work plan that reflects the branch’s characteristics & growth.
- Manage, review the analysis of suspicious activity alerts, and decide on the transmission of suspicious activity reports to competent authorities.
- Take decisions as per delegation received on the scope of responsibilities, and ensure documentation and tracking of decisions.
- Contribute to Compliance Risk Assessment Process.
- Provide recommendations for remediation of identified deficiencies, and collaborate with the business to follow up on timely remediation.
- Improve the Compliance permanent control process as necessary;
- 5-10 years’ experience in a regulated financial institution (at least a previous experience within an internal control function).
- General knowledge of applicable regulatory framework;
- Extensive knowledge of Compliance issues and challenges specific to the environment, especially with regard to Money Laundering
- Fluent in German and in English, a good level in French is a plus
We aim to be an equal opportunity recruiter and we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.