JCW Resourcing UK
JCW are currently working together with an international ire/insurance firm in the search for a Senior Legal Counsel to be based in either London, New York or Zurich. This is a key role at a senior level that will focus on the Alternative Capital Partners division of the organisation.
For this position, we are searching for experienced candidates with the following background:
- A law degree and qualification in one of New York, England or Switzerland, with a minimum of seven years' experience, in reinsurance and/or related capital markets transactions, with a law firm or international re/insurance company or financial institution
- Demonstrable expertise in managing legal aspects that affect complex, multi-jurisdictional transactions that involve collateral and financing structures, including transactional experience in structuring, drafting, negotiating and executing such transactions
- Understanding of all forms of reinsurance capital and reinsurance landscape, including ability to understand financial and risk capital metrics (regulatory and rating agency capital), risk modelling, reinsurance cash flows and triggers
- Understanding of reinsurance regulation and the adjacent corporate, regulatory, and compliance landscape impacting ACP
- Understanding of the role of the L&C Team as control and challenge function and participation in risk management
- Ability to identify relevant issues, taking ownership in achieving resolution, using a collaborative approach, and understanding of technical and compliance matters that require escalation or greater oversight
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills to handle multiple requests and deadlines
- Ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, matrixed corporate environment
If interested, get in touch!
We aim to be an equal opportunity recruiter and we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.