JCW Resourcing UK
JCW are currently supporting an International Re-Insurance firm in the search for a Senior Risk Manager with a strong background across P&C. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the CRO and lead multiple projects across the non-life business.
- Perform ongoing risk management for the Non-Life reinsurance portfolio & risk assessments for new non-life transactions
- Responsible for the annual SST required capital for Non-Life as well as the corresponding risk-bearing capital and related reporting to regulator
- Further develop NewRe’s internal model (esp. Non-Life Basis & Large Losses & NatCat) to ensure that it properly reflects the risks within the business at all times
- Responsible for the Non-Life part of the ORSA process and contribute to the overall process and report
- Support the CRO in the annual strategic risk assessment process and in the identification of emerging risks
- Contribute to the definition and refinement of the overall risk strategy & risk management framework
- Liaise with NewRe internal stakeholders and relevant Munich Re units for all aspects of Non-Life risk management (esp. Underwriting, Reserving, Finance)
- Support modelling and reporting in other risk modules (life, investments) through peer review
For this position, we are searching for experienced candidates with the following background:
- University degree in mathematics/science, or related quantitative subject
- At least 7 years’ experience in the insurance/reinsurance industry
- Experience of capital modelling techniques and statistical methods used in Non-Life
- Excellent knowledge of the Swiss regulatory framework
- Excellent knowledge of a re/insurer’s balance sheet and of principles of IFRS and Swiss GAAP
- Extensive experience with internal SST or SII models and experience in NatCat modelling would be considered beneficial
If interested, get in touch!
We aim to be an equal opportunity recruiter and we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.