JCW Resourcing UK
For one of the leading reinsurance companies worldwide, we are looking for a Senior Treaty Underwriter (m/f/d) Engineering & Construction to strengthen the team in Cologne. Ideally you have a strong financial proficiency, are experienced in the International Engineering market, and have an underwriting profit-oriented approach to the subject. Knowledge in the field of Engineering Reinsurance is a plus, but not a mandatory requirement. As the Senior Treaty Underwriter, you can have a 40% home office flexibility.
- Underwriting of (non-)proportional Engineering & Construction treaty business in multiple countries by conducting activities such as pricing with the application of pricing models, developing market benchmarks based on industry data and contract wordings.
- Development and maintenance of the existing Engineering & Construction Treaty business.
- Be accountable for and support the development of reinsurance strategies in Engineering & Construction business with existing and new clients.
- Ensure completion of reporting, system data entries, data maintenance and review of corporate financial information (e.g., annual statements, interim reporting, budgets).
- Conducting risk analysis of insurance portfolios and processing of contractual documentation.
- Mentor and support other underwriters.
- Successfully completed studies in engineering, economics or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience in the Engineering Insurance industry.
- Strong financial proficiency (e.g., excellent understanding of financial statements and ratios used in risk analysis, and of impact of underwriting decisions on company assets).
- Strong technological and mathematical or analytical skills.
- Business fluent in English and German
We aim to be an equal opportunity recruiter and we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.